As an enthusiatic user of ‘Tiny Tiny RSS’, I always wanted to have a client for XBMC too.
I’m already using the web-client and also both of the Android-clients to read my feeds “everywhere”. I love the functionality “to star” or label an article not regarding which client I use.
Unfortunatly there is no addon for XBMC-TTRSS, yet… Now there is
This is my first addon for XBMC. Some features are still missing, of course. But the addon works on my environment very well:
- XBMC 10.0 (Dharma) – PVR-Edition (Linux)
- TTRSS 1.5.5
- Edit from 2013-04-01: Also tested with XBMC 12.1 (Frodo)
- List of all Feeds
- Read article
- set star/unstar
- set as read/unread
- Already read articles are not listed on the next “session”
Things to know
- Currently only in german translation
- Articles are only shown in plain-text, means no images or graphical HTML-highlights
- Currently you have to set your article manually as read (this, what I wanted at the moment)
- When you’ve set your article as read, it will stay in the list of the feed until you re-enter it again…
Download the 7z-archive from here Download the zip archive(Version 0.0.2 xbmc_ttrss_addon_002_1) to a temporary folder and extract the content (e. g. C:\Temp or /home/[user]/temp.
The folder have to contain two zip files: script.module.simplejson.zip plugin.program.ttrss.zip
- install the add-ons via XBMC
extract the extracted zip’s and move the folders to [user home folder]/.xbmc/addons
Version 0.0.2 with some Bugfixing for running with XBMC >= 13.2 (see changelog.txt for details and download above)